Tuesday, November 1, 2022

 

Wednesday, 2 November 2022

 

Went for a nice long walk by the creek after a heavy breakfast.  I wondered if I liked Melbourne or was it because I was so used to the place?  I can’t wait to complete the three years and move back here!  What do I need to do to move and make this a reality?  Today I need to contact the suppliers.  Have a meeting with my supervisors and also I need to update the presentation for the symposium.

 

I enjoy the walk and listening to the audiobook.  Right now I am finishing from Chaos to Calm by Shannah Kennedy and Lyndall Mitchell.  Today the author was talking about habit.  Habits in such a  way that you don’t’ even think about them.  For me, waking is a habit that I have been enjoying for the fresh air, the river/water flow on the left hand side. 

 

As I was walking, I saw a lady, I just smiled, I don’t’ talk much and when my walking stip finished I turned back and thoguth it would be god to catch up to her and walk with her.  She was walking in the opposite direction.  I stopped and asked if she was ok?  I felt good even caring for her.  She had an appointment in Highpoint and we departed. 

 

I am in Melbourne, came here for iron infusion.  I thought it would be good to stay home in case of fever, etc. etc.  I have been watching my sugar levels like a hawk.  Monitoring ever hour or every two hours.  The walk surel helped and I have taken m metformin dose as well.  No not for diabetes it is for PCOs. 

I was thinking of a conference participant I met almost 20 years ago.  She was in her 40s, single, and living with parents.  I wondered how is she doing?  Twenty years ago I never imagined what would my lie be like but I feel I have not progressed much myself.   In the last twenty ears I have travelled a bit, worked at university, I had an awesome time!  I went on many speed dating events, I bought and sold land, and built a house.  I lived in New Zealand, met some great people, got the itch for travelling.  I never really cared for or worried about money.    I felt like a free spirit.  While on the outside I see man o my friends,  family, getting married, having babies, building and buying bigger houses.  Am I going backwards?  I made friends with younger people, listen to audiobooks more, and live or am by myself.  I have travelled to Gippsland, to Grampians, and next the Great Ocean Road.

 

I am ok and happy where I am as long as I don’t’ compare myself with anyone. 

What do I want in life, is this how life is going to be for the remaining life I have? 

I have planned my project as part of personal development program.  This is for my book launch.  It was good to work backwards and fill out all that is required.  Gives me a clarity on what is required, what is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Been a while

 It's been a while since I blogged here.  Almost two months. Tara says write 1000 words a day ... that's for the PhD thesis not the ...